Upon an initiative of the SUSU School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, a number of documents on international cooperation was signed with the University of Rostock, represented by the Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. As of today, international connection, verified by a Memorandum on Mutual Understanding and an Agreement on cooperation regarding postgraduate studies, has been established between the universities.
Concluding such Agreements became possible due to close cooperation of the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and the Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering of the University of Rostock within the Erasmus+ PWs@PhD international education project.
The purpose of signing the Memorandum is cooperation of the universities in the sphere of educational and research activities, as well as development of exchanges with students, postgraduates and academic and teaching staff.
The Memorandum contributes to:
- development of joint educational programmes for bachelor’s and master’s studies, including the double degree programmes;
- organising and holding internships in order to enhance scientific qualification of postdocs, postgrads, master’s degree students and academic and teaching staff;
- exchange of experience regarding development of advanced learning techniques;
- organisation of joint international science-to-practice forums, including the ones with the use of distance technology;
- organising and carrying out joint educational and research projects.
Signing the Agreement on cooperation regarding postgraduate studies provides the possibility to organize joint supervision of postgraduate students, which leads to obtaining the degree of a Candidate of Sciences (PhD), as well as it promotes:
- organisation of academic mobility of postgraduate students of the both universities;
- joint publishing activity;
- joint organisation of courses for postgraduate students, including distance courses.
Moreover, an analogous Memorandum was signed with Aalborg University (Denmark).