The aim of the program is to train highly qualified specialists in the field of energy efficiency and resource conservation, who possess sufficient skills to work for high-tech enterprises, as well as for continuing research in any part of the world.
- formation of competences in the field of energy and resource saving and environmental design;
- formation of knowledge and skills in the field of solving modern problems of energy and resource saving;
- teaching information retrieval both in regulatory documents and in scientific journals;
- teaching how to solve non-standard problems of energy and resource conservation, requiring the application of a scientific approach.
The area of professional activity: design in the field of energy and resource conservation, research, environmental marketing, consulting, environmental-economic, environmental-legal, training activities.
Objects of professional activity: processes and devices in chemical technology, petrochemistry and biotechnology; industrial plants and technological schemes, including automated control systems; automated research systems and computer-aided design systems; facilities for sewage treatment and gas emissions, waste treatment, utilization of heat and energy flows and secondary materials; methods and tools for assessing the state of the environment and protecting it from human impact; artificial intelligence systems in chemical technology, petrochemistry and biotechnology; multi-assortment production of chemical and related industries.
Types of professional activity:
- production and technology;
- organizational and managerial.
- International internships during studies with the opportunity to participate in double degree programs (two degrees - SUSU and a foreign university). Participation in conferences on a national and international level with oral presentations on the topic of the master's thesis.
- Undergraduates study for free at the Lingua courses, which involve teaching both written and spoken common English.
- Specialists in this field of study are in demand both in design and control organizations, and in enterprises of the real sector of the economy (metallurgical, machine-building, oil and gas processing and transporting, pharmaceutical enterprises), as well as in scientific organizations.
- Mastering modern world research technologies. Undergraduates in the performance of dissertations actively use the equipment of world-class scientific and educational center Nanotechnology.
- Teaching is conducted in the second half of the day, which makes it possible to study full-time in the magistracy without separation from the main work.
Production enterprises and scientific organizations of various regions of Russia and the world, in particular:
OAO Gazpromtrans, ROSATOM, OAO Lukoil, OAO Chelyabinsk Zinc Plant, OAO Energroprom – Chelyabinsky Elektrodny Zavod, OAO Mechel, OAO Mechel-Koks, OAO Chemk, Magnezit Group, ChelPipe, Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant – URALTRAC Limited, Rosprirodnadzor, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Ecology of the Russian Federation, Chelyabinsk Center for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring; design, survey and research institutes: OOO YuzhuralPKB, OOO Eko-Proekt, Ecosolutions, OOO NII BTMET and etc.
- Major industrial partners:
- Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works,
- OOO IT-Service,
- Materia Medica,
- OAO MMZ,
- OAO Fort Tehnologii,
- FGUP Zavod Plastmass,
- OAO Lafarge Cement,
- Ural Engineering Center,
- PAO Konar,
- OAO Vostochno-Sibirskiy kombinat stroitelynikh materialov,
- ZAO Metran group,
- The South Urals Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- OOO Akva.
Major scientific partners:
- Institutes under the Russian Academy of Sciences
- N. D. Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry Russian Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Petrochemistry and Catalysis
- Sobolev Institute of Geology and Mineralogy
- Institute of Solid State Chemistry UB RAS
- Komi Science Center UB RAS Institute of Chemistry
- Russian Universities
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Moscow State University
- Dmitry Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia
- ITMO University
- Foreign Universities
- University of Central Florida (USA)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland)
- St. Andrews University (UK, Scotland)
- University College London (UK, England)
- University of Cyprus (Cyprus)
- University of Oviedo (Spain)
- University of Palermo (Italy)
Undergraduates participate in research work carried commissioned by industrial enterprises or scientific foundations on the following topics:
- New nanostructured catalysts for resource-saving technologies
- Development of methods for determining the composition of deposits and corrosion products of structural materials of petrochemical production
- Determination of the effectiveness of the implementation of environmental measures to reduce the impact of polluted runoff from the watershed of rivers on the water quality of reservoirs
- Testing of samples of powders of drugs and their preformed forms using the DSC method and the method of X-ray phase analysis
- Development of technology and experimental installation of advanced water treatment to remove phenols and cyanides, without the use of chemical reagents