South Ural State University
Office 107, Research Institute of Digital Systems Building
76a, Prospect Lenina
Higher education: 8 800 300 20 80 (toll-free call), +7 351 267 97 76, +7 351 267 95 97
Continuing education (advanced training, professional retraining): +7 351 267 92 45
Studens’ technical and tutor support: +7 351 267 97 44, +7 351 267 99 25
Viber/Whatsapp: +7 919 405 93 30
The Institute of Open and Distance Education was founded in 2004 within the Center of Distance Education.
ODE is an actively evolving part of SUSU, designed to form informational and educational environment within the University and integrate distance learning technology into all branches of the University.
Within our institute we offer preparatory classes for Bachelors’ and Masters’ students in their particular fields of higher education, and we also offer continuing education programs (professional development and requalification).
Accomplishments and activities of ODE include:
- Formation of system to prepare personnel to use distance-learning technology in the academic process;
- Creation of a directory of free courses on advanced training;
- Providing of technical support for students during online studying ;
- Offering methodical and technical support to professors in the creation of electronic academic resources;
- Hosting qualifying stages of online rounds of Olympiads among students and school pupils;
- Carrying out research in the field of distance learning methodology.
In 2010 the Faculty of Management and Law was opened within ODE, in 2011 — the Laboratory of Distance Education, in 2013 we executed the modernization of the educational portal “SUSU Online 2.0”, and in 2015 we released the electronic journal “Pedagogical and Information Technology in Education”.
Within the Faculty of Law and Management, we offer programs for professional higher education.
In order to get a feel for what it is like to be a distance student, we recommend that you sign up for our demo course. You will see the principles of online education and become acquainted with the technologies we use.
ODE is open to collaboration with any educational organization or institution in the following areas:
- Offering virtual open house days;
- Organizing and executing internet conferences;
- Live streaming and recording of science lectures by the leading University professors;
- Offering courses for advanced training in the e-learning field.
Structure of the Institute of Open and Distance Education
- Department of Management and Law
Laboratories and centers
- Laboratory of Distance Education
- Center of Continuing Education