Address: 454080, Chelyabinsk
76 Lenina Avenue
Phone: (351) 267-94-53
Irina Petrovna Savelieva
Doctor of Science (Economics)
Faculty of Economics and Management
Faculty of Economics and Business Studies
Institute of Economics, Trade
The School of Economics and Management is the engine for breakthrough changes happening at SUSU.
The best scientific, academic and student traditions of the SUSU economic faculties are concentrated in this department. The School of Economics and Management combines the professor and teaching body of the faculties of Economics and Management, Economics and Business, the Institute of Economics, Trade, and Technologies, and the International Faculty.
Within the School of Economics and Management, ambitious projects are being released for the first time in the Ural region, such as the zone of elite training for applicants with high marks on the EGE, and the zone for elite business education in MBA programs. Students of the SEM will be actively involved in the innovative business sphere of the university (youth business incubator, innovation center, virtual bank and stock exchange, and so on).
Among the most important advantages of the School of Economics and Management are – inclusion in the academic process such models and techniques of education as MOOC, LMS, E-learning, and the use within the academic process of professional cases (Laboratory of Cases).
Students of the SEM will go through their education in an English-speaking atmosphere. At their disposal: English-speaking educational programs and international, world-class economists. The School of Economics will realize dual degree programs with leading universities of the USA, China, Europe, and countries of the SCO. The SEM structure offers strengthened mathematic training of economists.
It will be possible to begin a career as an economist after 9th grade. The SEM includes the Economic College, which offers training in programs of secondary education.
Thanks to tiered financial and grant support, students can fully dedicate themselves to their education.
SUSU actively cooperates with international corporations (Emerson, Endress+Hauser), and the most dedicated and active students in the SEM will be able to begin their career during their education by completing practical training in leading transnational companies.
The strategic goal of the School of Economics is not just the training of economists and policy makers, it’s also to pass on the business spirit to students and educate a new breed of businessman. This is possible only with the parallel, mutually beneficial development of science, educational techniques, and business.
The School of Economics is:
- A zone of elite training for talented applicants with high marks on the USE;
- Education by individual academic trajectories;
- Lectures by leading international professors and researchers;
- The formation of an English-speaking space and the realization of English-language educational programs;
- Dual Degree programs alongside other leading universities;
- The chance to receive elite business education as part of the bachelor’s and master’s program in business administration;
- The development of a system of financial and grant support;
- The organization of practical training and employment of students in high-tech leading international and Russian companies;
- Involvement of students from the first course of study in the formation of the university’s innovative business environment (youth business incubator, innovative center, virtual bank and stock market);
- The use of innovative educational models and techniques (MOOC, LMS, E-learning);
- The wide use of professional cases, business and organizational activity games for a new, innovative breed of policy maker.